Saturday, August 2, 2008

Day 2 With 15M3

Well, I will be honest, I did NOT make it to our daily 10am call this morning. However, I know that in order for this to work out well, commitment is HIGHLY important. So, I made sure that I had my 15 minutes to go over the 10 things I am grateful for; 10 outcomes I wanted to attract AND the 3 (actually 5) action steps to take for today. I am very pleased with myself for completing the exercise on my own.

I wanted to share some of the things that I am grateful for in my life. These are the things that show up on my list, consistently. I am grateful for my husband and children. I am grateful for our good health. I am grateful for a roof over our heads and food in our bellies. I am grateful for my friends and business partners. And, I am grateful to be a Stay-At-Home-Mom to my children. These are the few things that are most important to me and I make sure to give thanks for them every day.

Yesterday, I had a great spirit throughout most of the day. The "Attitude of Gratitude" stayed with me throughout some tough situations. As the evening progressed, I became tired and so it was harder to focus on that Attitude, but I kept my list in my sight, to remind me of the blessings in my life. I could re-ignite that Attitude as I went throughout the evening.

Late in to the evening, I received an email from one of my mailing lists. The gentleman who sent it is a reputable Network Marketer, so I took his personal recommendation to heart, and clicked on the link in his email. It took me to a website that I wasn't too confident with. However, after taking a leap of faith, and signing up on that site, I began to figure something out.

I came to the conclusion that being a writer is not a pipe dream for me. Many times, the thought came to mind. On a few occasions, I entertained the idea and envisioned a romantic career as a freelance writer of fiction and possibly non-fiction as well. I have notes and stories typed out and printed in various places. Needless to say, going through an application process to be a candidate for a writing program, brought me to an awareness of what I should be focusing on---writing.

Although I am no Ayn Rand (my middle name IS Ayn thought) nor am I a J.K. Rowling, I do believe that there are many things I have to offer the world. Many ideas and concepts that I need to get onto paper. Ideas to be shared with others that need or would appreciate. This newfound awareness changed my outcomes for today's exercise.

Today, instead of the usual 10 outcomes I want to attract, such as getting out of debt and making $xx per month, my focus was on working at becoming a published writer. To learn to ways of the writing world. To research and explore the endless possibilities out there for someone who is creative, imaginative and passionate about life. I am now focusing on these outcomes and am excited to see where this will lead me.

I hope that you will continue to follow along this journey, with me, and read some of my writings in the near future...in addition to my blogs, I hope. :o) I know the road ahead is full of challenges, obstacles and a lot of rejection, but I believe that this is the right road, and NOW is the right time.

Thank you for coming along this journey and I hope to hear from you.

Blessings,

Joy

No comments: